CODE OF CONDUCT
Before starting a TRO campaign there are a few things you need to know. We have put together this document in order for you to understand what we expect from you whilst working as part of the TRO field team. We would like to thank you in advance for adhering to the following rules and procedures and becoming a true TRO team player.
ACCEPTING A BOOKING
• Once you have been booked for a job over the phone it is your responsibility to ensure you have the correct dates and times recorded in your diary
• NEVER UNDERESTIMATE HOW IMPORTANT YOUR APPEARANCE IS WHEN REPRESENTING A BRAND. FIRST IMPRESSIONS ARE LASTING IMPRESSIONS!
• Nails – Manicured, clean, neutral colour
• Jewellery – Minimal, any bracelets or necklaces should be tucked away
• Earrings – Studs only due to Health & Safety regulations
• Facial jewellery may not be worn. If you are unable to temporarily remove jewellery you MUST make the office aware
• Make up – We expect all ladies to look well groomed. Ensure make up is always clean and fresh
• Men – We expect you to be clean shaven/neatly groomed
• TRO will let you know which items of clothing you need to provide yourself or alternatively what will be provided by the client
• WE ASK YOU TO DRESS A CERTAIN WAY FOR A REASON - This maybe to fit in with brand colour schemes or a client request but ultimately so you look part of a team
• We expect that when you come to work you arrive impeccably groomed. Clothes should be clean, ironed and looking immaculate
• Decorative fashion items such as belts, scarves, hats etc must NOT be worn unless you have the event manager or TRO’s permission. Any items worn must be plain and match the uniform
EATING, DRINKNG & SMOKING
• You may keep a bottle of water inside the sampling area, but please be discreet
• Never drink alcohol whilst working or whilst still in branded uniform following your shift
• Eating should be kept to break times. Always cover up your uniform when breaking. Food should be consumed away from your work area
• Smoking is not permitted. If a smoker you may take a cigarette in your break time, without uniform and in a separate location. Please ensure work uniform is kept clean and fresh at all times
• We are aware that you can’t predict when you are going to be ill, however we do ask that you inform us as soon as you know you aren’t going to be able to make a booking, that way we have more chance of being able to find a replacement
• For long periods of sickness we may require a doctors note
• We expect you to arrive by a minimum of 15 minutes prior to the start time unless asked otherwise. You may need to change into uniform or have a short brief with your Team Manager
• SHOULD YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS ARRIVING TO YOUR SHIFT ON TIME YOU MUST CALL YOUR TEAM MANAGER IMMEDIATELY or either the Account Management Team @ TRO 0161 483 5319. If you are working out of office hours you will always have an emergency contact number for one of the TRO team
• During most of our campaigns you will be entitled to take breaks. The timing of these will be organised by the Event Manager/Team Leader and must be adhered to. Depending on flow of consumers to a stand or location we ask you to be flexible in your approach to break times
• Uniform must be covered up at all times whilst you are on a break
• When returning from a break, please ensure you return in plenty of time, allowing time to change back into your uniform
• As a brand ambassador it is your responsibility to make sure the customer feels comfortable and at ease when approaching you. Whether you are a Brand Ambassador, Team Leader or Event Manager, you should look interested and available to talk to always
• DON’T slouch, lean on the stand, or rest your hands in your pockets, instead look pro-active and approachable. Smile and be ready and willing to help or talk to anyone who approaches you
• Unless otherwise specified or working as Event manager you may NOT use your phone whilst working in uniform
• Phones should be either switched off or kept on silent. You have breaks in which to retrieve messages or return calls
• Many of our campaigns include a £10 daily loyalty bonus incentive. If you are caught talking on the phone whilst you are supposed to be working this is one way you could forfeit your daily bonus.
• TURNING UP TO WORK BLATENTLY HUNGOVER OR UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF ALCOHOL IS GROSS MISCONDUCT AND YOU WILL BE IMMEDIATELY REMOVED FROM THE CAMPAIGN
• If you are unable to carry out an assignment you have been contracted to, you must contact TRO as soon as possible. You must NEVER send a replacement person without first contacting the TRO staffing team or Account management team and obtaining permission
• From time to time you may be asked to work away from your local area. Should this situation arise it is likely that TRO will provide hotel accommodation for you along with some expense money for you to buy an evening meal
• Although you are not strictly working whilst at the hotel please remember that you are a TRO brand representative and however you behave will reflect upon the integrity and image of the company
• Some of our assignments include an allowance for expenses i.e. travel, food, parking
• Your contract will specify whether you are entitled to claim expenses and what you can claim for
• If expenses are not agreed in your contract, you will NOT be paid for them. Therefore if you think you agreed expenses with the staffing team and they are not on your contract, call the staffing team before you start your assignment to double check as these will not automatically get paid
• Many of the TRO assignments will require you to attend a
training day, please remember that the client is often present at these training sessions, therefore it is important that you
make a good impression
• If you are given a briefing document prior to the training day, please ensure that you read over it before attending, it will contain important information regarding the campaign. It is clearly visible to the client, your team and us if you haven’t read your brief – It DOES get noticed!
• You will usually be paid for attending a training day, HOWEVER failure to complete the assignment you are booked on, without
good reason, may mean that you forfeit payment for the training
• Our clients are often present at our promotional field activities and training days - This is your opportunity to shine and make a really good impression. Clients often ask for our brand ambassadors by name when initiating a new campaign, so if you make a good impression there may be more work to come your way!
• If you have comments about an activity it is always best to channel these through your TRO representative rather than talking to the client directly. TRO are big on new ideas and best practise ways of working so please feel free to give us your input at any time and we will relay this to our clients. Our clients spend lots of time creating new concepts and of course spend their marketing budget on making a success of their campaign and you are the most crucial link in helping their ideas become a reality!
REPORTING & COMMUNICATION
• If you are required to complete any report forms, please ensure these are completed as soon after the assignment as possible, this way the information will still be fresh in your mind.
• Please return report forms to TRO no later than 2 working days after completing the campaign
5 TIPS TO BECOMING A BRILLIANT TRO STAFF TEAM MEMBER
1. Be punctual. Arrive in plenty of time, if you start at 8 arrive at 7.45
2. Be prepared – make sure you have read your brief & know you’re product
3. Always look your best – making that extra effort will make you feel better and attract customers
4. Know the details of your job – where you’re going, how to get there, what time…
5. Be warm and approachable. ALWAYS SMILE AND ENJOY YOURSELF!!!
GOOD LUCK & HAVE FUN!!